Why Everyone Is Talking about Cook-Chill...
Join us for the second session of our new bi-weekly “Winning at Food Safety” webinars (every two weeks). Each 30-minute webinar will feature a food safety expert giving practical tips on how to systematize your food safety practice based on the latest science and FDA guidance. You won’t want to miss a single session. Our second session will feature Dr. Brian Nummer, USU Professor and Food Safety Specialist, teaching you how you can extend the shelf life of COOKED foods through the proper application of Cook-Chill packaging and storage methods.
Things you will learn:
- What is cook-chill?
- How is cook-chill related to Reduced Oxygen Packaging (ROP)?
- What are the benefits of cook-chill?
- What are some common foods restaurants cook-chill to save time and money?
- What are the cook-chill safety concerns?
- Are there any HACCP requirements?
- Why is temperature so critical as a barrier to pathogens?
- What are the approved processes for cook-chill?
- What are the critical times and temps while cooking?
- What are the critical times and temps while cooling?
- How do the times and temps need to be recorded for inspection?
Learn the critical processes and temperatures you need to transform your operations from a nationally recognized expert in FDA and Food Safety requirements.
(Please note, all registrants will be subscribed to the ThermoWorks commercial email list. You may unsubscribe at any time. Also, if you missed it, watch a replay of our first ROP webinar here: https://event.webinarjam.com/go/replay/2/04k01sgi7bob2)
Dr. Brian Nummer