FREE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINAR
RAINBOW GATE- Violence, Power and Control in LGBTIQA+ Peoples Relationships
19 April 2023 10am-2:30pm
As part of the RAINBOW GATE project, Connection and Wellbeing Australia are offering FREE workshops on LGBTIQA+ Family and Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Violence.
ABOUT RAINBOW GATE:
Rainbow Gate is a website, resources and chatbot designed by and for the Western Australian LGBTIQA+ community to access support and information about Violence, Power and Control in LGBTIQA+ peoples relationships.
Rainbow Gate will provide resources about the safety, equality or health of LGBTIQA+ peoples relationships and places to reach out for connection and support.
People may access Rainbow Gate for themselves or they may be are worried about a loved one and want some information about how to best support them.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOPS:
These workshops are designed to up-skill anyone who may serve as a support and connection referral on the Rainbow Gate site, and are suitable for FDV staff, counsellors, social workers, health and mental health workers and anyone who comes into contact with people who experience FDV and IPV.
Discussion will cover:
- How FDV and IPV presents in LGBTIQA+ communities
- Specific contributors to LGBTIQA+ FDV and IPV
- Unique challenges faced by LGBTIQA+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- How to work inclusively with LGBTIQA+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- Referring to and working with LGBTIQA+ groups to provide access to supports
- How to become a Rainbow Gate Referral option
Build Your Capacity to:
Bella Broadway for Connection And Wellbeing Australia