Junior Night: A College Application Webinar Series
Note: This is a free educational webinar offered by College Essay Guy. Recordings will be emailed to everyone who registers!
Note about the registration form: As long as you have "Register for all dates" selected at the top and entered the Captcha code, you will be registered for both dates and recieve a confirmation email shortly. You will receive an email with a link to log into the webinars 24 hours and 15 minutes before each session.
Part 1 - Junior Night: What can I be doing right now?
April 22nd, 4 - 5:00pm PT (7-8:00 ET)
- Rick Clark, Director of Undergraduate Admission @ Georgia Tech
- Susan Tree, Former HS Counselor & Former Associate Dean of Admission @ Bates
- What impact is COVID-19 likely to have on the admissions process? What’s likely to be different? The same?
- How should students and families approach the college admissions process amidst the uncertainty?
- Are juniors at a disadvantage? Why or why not?
- What can juniors be doing right now?
- An overall timeline
- What we do and don’t know about standardized testing
- Teacher recommendations
- What can parents be doing right now?
- How to begin developing a balanced college list (even if you can’t visit campus)
Part 2 - Planting Seeds for Your College Application & Essays
April 29th, 4 - 5:00pm PT (7-8:00 ET)
On this session, I’ll cover:
- Big Picture Stuff: 5 Tips for Keeping Stress Low and Creativity High
- A Sane College Application Timeline
- The Importance of Finding and Showing Your Core Values
- How to Create a Great Activities List
- What’s the Additional Info Section, Anyway?
- The Purpose of the Personal Statement
- Two Fun Ways to Find Your Personal Statement Topic
- 50+ College Application Resources
- Q&A Time with Ethan
College Essay Guy