Junior Night: A Two-part Webinar Series
Part 1: Behind the Scenes of an Admission Office - April 13th
Part 2: What Should I Be Doing Right Now to Prepare for College? - April 20th
Sessions are held at 4-5:00pm PT (7-8:00pm ET)
- Tom Campbell, Assistant Dean Of Admissions at Pomona College
- Susan Tree, College Counselor & Former Associate Dean of Admission
Note: This is a free educational webinar offered by College Essay Guy. Recordings will be emailed to everyone who registers!
In Part 1, we'll answer questions like:
- What happens after you hit submit through when you receive your decision?
- How did the Test Optional policy impact admission decisions this year—and how are colleges like Pomona able to create a class without standardized tests?
- How was application reading different from past years?
- Essays: What do you look for in a great personal statement? How much do essays matter? Can they ever hurt your chances?
- Demonstrated interest: How does it really work? What does Pomona track? What do other schools track?
In part 2, we'll answer questions like:
- What has changed in the college admission world since the pandemic started—and what hasn’t
- Why students should stop thinking of the admissions process as a contest of grades and scores (and what to do instead)
- Why good students sometimes aren’t accepted at their “likely” schools
- How (and where) to address pandemic experiences in the application
- How students can stand out—in a good way—despite limited extracurricular activity involvement
- What juniors can be doing right now: a tangible set of action items
When registering for the webinar, be sure to select "Register to all dates below."
College Essay Guy
Assistant Dean Of Admissions at Pomona College
College Counselor & Former Associate Dean of Admissions