Practical Advice for BIPOC Students Considering Attending a Predominantly White Institution
Special Guest Panel:
- Jamiere Abney, Associate Dean of Admission; Coordinator of Outreach for Opportunity & Inclusion @ Colgate University
- Xitlalli Velasquez, Georgetown University graduate
- Dominique Reed, Union College graduate
Note: This is a free educational webinar offered by College Essay Guy. Recordings will be emailed to everyone who registers!
We'll answer questions like:
- What’s it like attending a PWI (Predominantly White Institution) as a BIPOC student (stories from recent grads)
- What is the College Equity Index and how can it help you determine if a school is likely to be a good fit for you?
- What BIPOC students wished they’d known before attending a PWI
- How to choose between a PWI and an HBCU
- Navigating imposter syndrome
- Understanding college affordability
College Essay Guy