JAMES LANGE PRESENTS:
The Best Estate Plan for Married Professors Combined with Optimal Trust Planning for TIAA, IRAs,and Other Retirement Plans
This workshop will focus on how to plan since the SECURE Act. We will delve into the nitty gritty of what happens to your IRA and retirement plan at death under the SECURE Act. We will explore different estate planning options that you should be considering right now.
We will delve into an estate planning system based on a series of disclaimers. Disclaimers allow enormous flexibility for planning for your estate, and we believe should be used routinely, but in practice rarely is.
You will be able to see the benefits of some of our strategies and decide if it is appropriate for you. The tax hit on your IRAs and retirement plans will be unprecedented unless you take aggressive action. This workshop will concentrate on what you could do to preserve your estate, especially around wills, trusts, and beneficiary designations of your TIAA, IRAs, and other retirement plans.
We will combine our newest thinking with some of our classic strategies for protecting your children or grandchildren from themselves, but also creditors, possibly including their spouse.
Please note that most existing trusts have language that could prove devastating to your family and most IRA and retirement plan owners don’t know anything about them.
And bad trusts can trigger a massive acceleration of income taxes after your death if they don’t meet five specific conditions. Yet many attorneys don’t include those provisions in their trusts. Those omissions could cost beneficiaries tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Trusts could also cause massive income tax acceleration after your death, especially under the SECURE Act.
Do you have an existing trust?
Changes likely must be made to avoid unnecessary massive taxation! Learn what trusts should look like after the SECURE Act.
Jim Lange, your host is a CPA, attorney and a Registered Investment Advisor whose tax and estate planning strategies have been endorsed by The Wall Street Journal (36 times). He’s written 8 best-selling books including Retire Secure!, which received praise from many of the country’s top financial experts including Charles Schwab, Larry King, Jane Bryant Quinn, and Roger Ibbotson.
In this event Jim will draw on his more than thirty years’ experience as a practicing estate attorney and CPA and his depth of research and analysis on a myriad of long-term tax and financial planning related topics to provide you with the information and strategies you need to help protect your financial security.
We'll look at:
• How required minimum distributions (RMDs) of inherited IRAs and retirement plans work under the old law versus the enacted SECURE Act
• How this change could impact your family and your legacy
• How to ensure financial security for the surviving spouse, and potentially save hundreds of thousands to pass on to your heirs after the SECURE Act
• The details of the best estate plan for married professors known as Lange’s Cascading Beneficiary Plan
• The SECURE Act has major implications for trusts: are you one of many Americans who need to redraft their trusts now that the SECURE Act has become law?
• Should your heirs inherit your TIAA, IRA, and other retirement assets directly, or would naming a trust be safer?
• Charitable trusts as beneficiary of your TIAA, IRAs, and retirement assets have become an important defense against the SECURE Act partially mimicking the old “stretch IRA.” Are they appropriate for you?
• Do you need the ever more popular “I don’t want my no-good son-in-law to inherit one red cent of my money trust?"
Jim Lange, your host is a CPA, attorney and a Registered Investment Advisor whose tax and estate planning strategies have been endorsed by The Wall Street Journal (36 times). He’s written 8 best-selling books including Retire Secure!, which received praise from many of the country’s top financial experts including Charles Schwab, Larry King, Jane Bryant Quinn, and Roger Ibbotson. And his forthcoming book, Retire Secure for Professors: Maximizing and Protecting Your TIAA, IRAs, and Other Retirement Assets, was written specifically for university faculty like you.