PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINAR
Family and Domestic Violence & Intimate Partner Violence in LGBTIQ+ contexts
Tuesday 16th November 10am-2pm
Inviting FDV/ IPV Practitioners, First Responders, GP's and Medical Practitioners, Community Service Providers, Mental Health Workers, Advocates, Suicide Prevention Providers and the wider community to join Connection And Wellbeing Australia in a workshop that will explore the experiences of LGBTIQ+ Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and how we can better respond to the needs of LGBTIQ+ people in our services
Tickets are $180 + GST
Discussion will cover:
- How FDV and IPV presents in LGBTIQ+ communities
- Specific contributors to LGBTIQ+ FDV and IPV
- Unique challenges faced by LGBTIQ+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- How to work inclusively with LGBTIQ+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- Referring to and working with LGBTIQ+ groups to provide access to supports
Build Your Capacity to:
Presented by Bella Broadway for Connection And Wellbeing Australia
Bella is an educator in the areas of: Suicide Prevention, Diversity and Inclusivity, Family and Domestic Violence, Communication & Behaviour and Mental Health & Wellbeing.
Bella was recognised in the 2019 OUTstanding 30 LGBTIQ+ Public Sector Executives List and is the President of the WA Local Council for the Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD).