Top 5 Food Safety Thermometer Mistakes
As ThermoWorks has worked hand in hand with food safety professionals around the country for decades (both in production and in service), we tend to see the same mistakes and misunderstandings repeated over and over in the use of thermometers to measure critical control points. Join us for our 4th Winning at Food Safety webinar where our special guests will be Martin Earl, executive chef and Culinary Editor here at ThermoWorks, and Tom Wiandt, Chief Metrologist at ThermoWorks.
Take half an hour out of your day to make sure you don’t repeat these common mistakes and put your customers at risk!
Things you will learn…
- How to train your staff to properly gauge the doneness of cooked foods and how not to do it!
- How a knowledge of common thermometer sensors can change the way your operation measures temperature
- How to easily and effectively measure the temperature of tricky foods like liquids and semi-solids both for cooking and holding temps
- Where to insert a thermometer probe for both large cuts and small cuts of meat
- How food safety professionals commonly misuse infrared thermometers
- How infrared thermometers actually work and what they are suited for
- What emissivity is and how to use it in adjusting infrared measurements for more accuracy
Hope to see you on the call!
To learn more about the "Winning at Food Safety Webinar" Series, including watching previous sessions, see: https://www.thermoworks.com/webinar-series.
Webinar Host, VP Marketing, ThermoWorks
Chef Martin Earl
Culinary Editor, ThermoWorks
Chief Metrologist, ThermoWorks
Commercial Sales Manager, ThermoWorks